Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Xmas vs. Holidays


Wednesday, November 30, 2005

 Xmas vs. Holidays
Current mood:  pensive

Annie needed a quote from me for a paper earlier today and it got me thinking.

Here is yet another controversial blog written by yours truly.

Some very conservative Christians have started a fuss about not hearing the phrase "Merry Christmas" in Target stores this year.

First off, I think Target is the best invention of a store on the planet. I shop there ALL THE TIME. Half of the plastic bags in the house say Target on them and have the logo. It's everywhere in my house.

Anyhow, these people have created a fuss about how Target stores are saying "Happy Holidays" They will refuse to shop there until the phrase Merry Christmas is reinstated.

Well, personally, I enjoy hearing Merry Christmas said to me when I leave a store or even if I make a phone call to a store.

But, unlike "staunch, uptight, conservatives" I understand that there is more than one religious holiday around Christmas time as well.

There's Hanukah, Kwanzaa and other holidays that I could name off, but to save time and space, I will spare you all.

So, for me to hear "Happy Holidays" is fine. And to see stores decorated in blue and white as well as red, green and white or whatever color is fine to me.

But because of some narrow-minded or ignorant people, they cannot put up with this and refuse to shop at certain places because of the stores choice to say or decorate with whatever they wish.

I bet you, that if they found out that some other places were run by non-Christians, they'd have several cows and have to go to the hospital to get stitches.

Why can't people understand different cultures and get along?!

God made us all different and unique, so learn to live with it and get over it.

9:56 PM -  0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment  - Edit  - Remove

No comments:

Post a Comment