Friday, September 09, 2005
Say that again?
Current mood: envious
Yesterday, my mother announced to me that she and Papi are going to Japan for two weeks. All I can think is "WTF?"
I want to go too! And I don't see why my dad is going at all. He doesn't like sushi (I love sushi and Japanese steakhouses, not to mention, he ALWAYS makes fun of Asians and has expressed his desire NOT to go across the Pacific where there are "los chinos de mierda" The only reason he's going is to see my sister and her new baby.
Babies. That's another thing. I was babysitting two cute kids last night who were 3 and 5 years old.
Bedtime was interesting. They were actually supposed to go to bed around 7.30, but we ended up dancing to reggaeton, disco, alternative and other things. We also made an obstacle course out of hula hoops and the sofa. Both kids jumped right through them and thought it was a blast. After that, I decided it was time for bed.
I read stories to each kid in their own room, so I had to play room hockey between the two. When I got to the girl's room, she was still awake and asked if I would stay for awhile so that she could go to sleep.
Under each arm, she had a stuffed animal and then she closed her eyes, but before doing so, she reached out with her little hand and told me that she was just checking to see if I was there. Then she lay her head down, closed her eyes, and fell asleep.
I waited for her breathing to get regular and when it did, I tried inching myself off the bed. When I looked behind me to see if I could crawl out the door, her brother was standing there. I put my finger to my lips to tell him to be quiet, but instead, he blurts out, "I have a question for you." Without waiting for me to get out of the room, "Are there aliens in outer space?!"
I thought it was so funny that I fell off the bed onto the floor and tried my hardest not to laugh out loud. I answered him by saying that no, there were not any aliens nor spaceships in outer space, but that there were stars and a bunch of other stuff floating out there.
Meanwhile, his sister sat straight up in bed and yelled, "Davis! You WAKED ME UP!!!" Then she peeked over the side of the bed and told me that I need to sit down on the bed right so that I wouldn't fall off next time.
His sister finally went to sleep after that and I went to sit with the boy since he was still awake. He told me a story about how he was a messenger for class. I asked him what his job was and he told me it was to "Go get shorts for the boys that pee their pants" From what I gathered, being a messenger was his favorite thing.
Kids are so funny.
10:14 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove
No comments:
Post a Comment