Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Laundry Etiquette


Friday, October 28, 2005

 Lessons in Life- Parte Deux
Category: Life

Last week I mentioned how I would post another "life lesson" type of thing.

Here is yet another! (aren't you excited?! {sarcasm})

In last week's discussion was about kitchens. I hope you all have taken consideration of that and begun to keep up.

This week's topic is about laundry.


Lesson One-- be sure to balance your clothing in the basket correctly. Otherwise, you'll hear a THUMP, THUMP, THUMP when is goes into the spin cycle.

Lesson Two--when your wife or girlfriend says, "Separate the colors, dear," She means, "You'd better do what I say, otherwise, you'll be sleeping in the dog house if you ruin my whites with a pink sock" MEN--TAKE NOTE OF THIS!!!! I highly doubt that you'd want to sleep outside.

Lesson 3--if your washer has a removable "washer pole" in the middle (sorry, I don't know the name of it), check to see if it has lint build up on the inside. The next person will be washing their clothes and not realize it, but when it comes time to wear their stuff, they'll have lint literally caked onto their cute clothes.

Lesson 4--Clean the dryer filter. Your clothes will dry faster.

Lesson 5--dryer sheets are great for wiping your TV screen or monitor. It helps keep that static and dust off it for a long time.

Lesson 6--Folding your clothes saves space

Lesson 7--Jeans and other denim dries best when they air dry.

Lesson 8--Salt and soda water are great for getting stains out. Also, if you have a huge stain and it's not coming out, don't dry it at all. Keep working on it and wetting it until it comes out. Once the stain is all out, THEN put it in the dryer. Once you dry it and the stain hasn't come out, the stain will stay there forever.

Lesson 9--you can thin your detergent out with water while it’s still in the container so that the residue detergent won't irritate your skin.

Lesson 10--Men should never be allowed to operate dryers. nuff said.

1:28 PM -  0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment  - Edit  - Remove

No comments:

Post a Comment