Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Amazing Stupid, Parte Une

Amazingly Stupid

by Renata Vallazza on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 at 1:28am

I am constantly amazed at the sheer stupidy that my lovely home countrymen and women evoke.

Today I had a woman who was a little slow, albeit elderly, and the poor woman did not have a CLUE as to what I was talking about.

"Ma'am, I KNOW I don't have a credit card, nor do I want one," said Mrs. Crump to me.


Well, let's try to figure this out, I recall saying. We'll find out if you have an account and also, when your account was established, etc.

I've taken notice that older folk do not like it when you ask them for their full social security number, so I like to ask them for home telephone number, area code first. All of this in order to find out whether or not they have a credit card account through my company.

She kept giving me a seven digit number and when I kept asking her for her area code, she kept giving me her five digit postal code.

"Ma'am," I kept repeating, "I need your area code." Perhaps five or six times. "Not the number that you give out in order to receive your mail, but the number that's part of your telephone."

Finally, I got fed up and asked her flat out, "What state do you live in?"

"I live in South Carolina, " said Mrs. Crump.

Okay. That's a start.... I thought to myself.

Do you have relatives that live out of state? I asked

"Well, ma'am, there's Rufus. He lives in Texas."


Okay, Mrs. Crump. When Rufus calls you, he has to call a number, what number does Rufus call you at? Now keep in mind Mrs. Crump, this has to be a ten digit number.

75632 dash 432 dash 4589


I just sat there in utter amazement.

Are our country folk that dumb? Can they not count? Do they not make long distance phone calls?


For another customer I asked him what state he lived in and he responded "Fulton County".

Well, gee, I don't think we have any states with that name exactly sir. What state is Fulton County in, sir?

"Oh, I'm a-sorry ma'am. I live in Wes' Virginny."

Lack of education or maybe hearing aids when I know I'm speaking plain English.

No comments:

Post a Comment