Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Amazingly Stupid, Parte Deux

Amazingly Stupid - Parte Deux

by Renata Vallazza on Friday, August 17, 2007 at 3:46pm
how can anyone NOT know their own address?

I could understand if you lived somewhere say, for example, Costa Rica, where they have no addresses, but PO Boxes. Otherwise when you give directions to your house, you say "I live 25 meters past "dead cow lane"' only because five years ago, a dead cow WAS on your lane. But here in the US, people have to have addresses since we are a large country.

A customer the other day didn't know his address. I at first assumed it was because he had just moved. I asked him if he had moved and he said, "Oh, I moved a year ago." Well, what was your address last year sir?

He still didn't know. He said he didn't keep up with his address because other people kept up with his personal information, that no one came to visit, that he didn't need to know what his address was, etc. Then he began to scream and shout at me over the phone. And you know what, I think he also called me a bitch.

In order for us to verify a customer, we have to verify his or her full address. This is in order that in case if they have moved, we can send them their statements or claims forms and any other paraphernalia that is necessary.

All I could think was "moron!"

Then last night, as I was about to leave, I overheard one of my coworkers talking to a customer about filing a claim. My coworker had been telling the customer information regarding their account and how the "protection works for you" blah, blah, blah. My coworker was rolling her eyes, which meant to say, "this customer is not getting anything that I'm saying whatsoever"

I also overheard her saying to the customer, "Ma'am, you have to notify us if something is going on or if you're going through a financial hardship. We don't have crystal balls here to let us know that something is going on. If you're not paying your bill, we're going to assume that you've run off to China and decided to live with the locals."

All of this to say - keep up with your address, pay your bills on time and don't assume that everyone is psychic.

No comments:

Post a Comment