Wednesday, January 11, 2006
Workers United!
Current mood: giggly
Category: Jobs, Work, Careers
I feel like a supreme idiot!
My job just moved offices from the 6th floor to the 4th last week. That also means that we have a bathroom right outside our office as opposed to the ladies room being on the 5th floor.
The bathroom being next door is convenient for lots of other reasons, especially for us women during the Scarlet Tide.
There's a problem with this bathroom, though.
It's occupied by both men and women. The 4th floor was previously occupied by one company, so when we moved down here, the other company that we now share the floor with gave us the code for the lock on the door. They told us that we were to knock before entering, which is fine.
In this bathroom there are three stalls and after that there's a urinal by the window which also faces the sink. So, if you're washing your hands and don't realize when you look up in the mirror, you've got the most perfect view of a guy peeing.
So, today, I've been drinking a lot of water since, well, never mind why, but after sitting for a long time without moving, I felt the urge to pee.
I leave the office and go to the bathroom door and knock. All the while doing the Potty Dance.
No answer.
Thinking, "Oh, okay, no one in here" I go in and am greeted with a most interesting sight. There's a little kid and his dad peeing in unison.
I was so startled that I was like, "Oh, Holy Shit! I'm sorry! I didn't realize anyone was in here"
The kid, of course, had jumped when I spoke and whirled around and practically shot me across the legs. The dad turns bright red, turns around and I run out that bathroom like Suzy Lightning and back into my office.
I told Trish, "I think I'm just going to stick with running upstairs from now on"
2:56 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove
No comments:
Post a Comment