Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tropical Fish


Friday, August 05, 2005

 Tropical Fish
Current mood:  uncomfortable

Do I look like I belong somewhere else?

Everyone keeps asking me what country I'm from when they meet me.

"You look so exotic with your green eyes and your dark skin" or so on and so forth.

From now on, I think I am going to tell people that I am a mermaid from the Galapagos and that I used to swim with the turtles off shore. But, quite honestly, most Americans are Mutts. Which is what I am.

If you want me to be technical about it all--My dad is from Ecuador. His mother's family was Spanish and my grandfather was a northern Italian with some German roots. My father has green eyes and had black hair until it turned white and is somewhat fair skinned. My grandmother had the same features, while my grandfather had his typical germanic looks of blonde hair and blue eyes.

My mom has brown hair and eyes and is darker complected than my father. Her dad was Mexican with the same features, but my grandma was a Scottish lassie that had blonde hair and blue eyes.

 So that makes me half Ecuadorean and 1/4 Italian on my dad's side and 1/4 Mexican and Scottish on my mom's side. The strange thing is that my father's European looks are so bland that it's my mother's genes that give me "my look". One of the good genes my father passed to me are the Ojos Cordova's (His mother was a Cordova) Bright green eyes. That, for some reason, everyone's heads seem to turn and want to look at them. Which annoys the hell out of me. I think staring is rude. Take a picture, it last's longer!

I try not to pay attention to my physical features. I don't wear makeup unless if I am going somewhere exciting, which is hardly ever. My social life has gone down the tubes since breaking things off with The Ex. But the first thing all the men that come around, and even some of my girl friends, notice are my eyes.

El Cubano (The Ex) told me that he wanted me for my eyes. He said they captured him. (B.S.!!!!) Then he said that I had the typical Latina body with the curves, butt and the boobs that were insanely attractive. As he put it, there was more to grab.

I think that I have a body like Salma Hayek. She's very curvaceous and has hair that I would kill for. But, there are times when I don't like to bring attention to my body. I'd rather bring attention to my personality.

Sometimes, I wish I weren't so self-conscious when people stare or give me compliments. I'd probably enjoy my looks more.

2:59 AM -  0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment  - Edit  - Remove

No comments:

Post a Comment