Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Quest for Carrot Cake


 Quest for Carrot Cake
Current mood:  chipper
Category: Food and Restaurants

 Women have the most crazy cravings at strange times of the day or the month.

And it's due to our hormones and feelings.

For example, this past Monday, I was munching on carrots at work for lunch.

I've been spending way too much money on lunch here in downtown St. Aug and so I had decided that I would save money and time away from work by just bringing in my own lunch.

One thing that I had forgotten to pack was a sandwich since I had been carried away by the thought of eating healthy snacks such as carrots and celery and applesauce. 

After I had eaten my carrots, I had a vision of the most perfect slice of carrot cake with REAL cream cheese frosting hovering around on a fancy plate in front of my eyes.  But, I thought to myself--"Think, Ren, of all the money you've spent the past three weeks to sate your silly cravings."

One week I spent lots of money on ice cream.  I had been sick previously and hadn't eaten for a week since I was afraid of throwing up.  I had lost quite a lot of weight and not to mention, lots of nutrients that my body needs, so my body went through a week of craving anything with dairy.  I ate lots of cheese, ice cream, milk, whipped cream--the problem is is that I'm lactose intolerant.  But I ate the stuff anyways.  And surprisingly, I didn't have any stomach twisting or the normal farting that goes on (yes, men, girls do fart)

Back to this past Monday.  So I sat at work  Typing away on the computer (which is where I am right now) thinking about how I'm not going to spend any more money on frivolous food cravings.  I sat there for about five seconds before I grabbed my debit card and told my boss I'd be back in a few minutes since I couldn't function anymore. I was looking for carrot cake.

I went to the cafe downstairs.  They were a Cash Only establishment, and besides, they did not have my carrot cake.

I went to the Greek restaurant next door.  No carrot cake.

I went all over downtown Saint Augustine like a madwoman on coke looking for my desired slice of carrot cake.

I think after 30 minutes of searching, I finally ended up at the doorstep of Rockin Bean Cafe on Hypolita and Charlotte. 

I told them my crazy little story and ta da!  they had the most beautiful display of carrot cake in my life.

I asked for a slice and ordered some Chai to go with it and had the most wonderful snack of my life.

That is until I have another out of this world craving. 

Wonder what it'll be that time?

9:39 AM -  0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment  - Edit  - Remove

No comments:

Post a Comment