Tuesday, July 19, 2005
Bubble Tea
Current mood: sick
Ever had bubble tea?
I first tried bubble tea two years ago in Kansas City with my sister Rossana at a restaurant called The Blue Koi in Westport. If you're ever in that area, you should go eat there. Actually, Kansas City has some really great restaurants, so eat up!
Anyhow, bubble tea is made up of some really huge tapioca pearls that you suck up with a huge straw and then some milky, fruit flavored tea that's blended in a sort of slush. From the first taste, it's actually not that bad. Your tea is nice and cold, but then as your drink progressively gets warmer from the room temp, your experience just goes downhill.
The noise that you hear from sucking these pearls up the straw goes like this, "phunk, phunks, slurppppppppp!" After they roll around in your mouth before you grudgingly have to chew and swallow them is like, well, just try to imagine what other things you can have in your mouth that AREN'T supposed to be there.
I had Green Tea Mango flavor today. Basically, it's like sucking up fish eggs and pond scum in your mouth.
It was so disgusting that I will never have it again.
It was so bad that I literally had to unbutton my pants in the parking lot across the street from my house in order to make it to the bathroom.
9:26 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove
No comments:
Post a Comment