Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

M.I.A.M.I.


Wednesday, December 21, 2005

 M.I.A.M.I
Current mood:  thirsty
Category: Life

When you are a college student, m.i.a.m.i-money is a major issue.

I sit here at work while I'm typing this and all I can think of is how I'm going to make rent next month or pay my bills? 

It's a question asked by many college students, and not just limited to our branch. Anyone without money or assistance from family or wherever help used to come from has this problem.

I went to the store yesterday and all I could afford to buy was milk, bananas, bread and some chex mix.  I then went to Target to buy toothpaste and the cheapest I could find at first was $3.50 a tube!  Luckily I was able to find some that was under $1, but still.  Our economy has gone haywire and I find myself pinching to buy the average essentials.

My roommates and I get overcharged for our rent.  Our house is a peice of crap.  Any day now, I or the other roomies are going to take that fateful step out of the shower and realize that our feet are touching the ground under the house.  And our lazy landlord does nothing except scratch his ass and lisp at us all the time or otherwise stare at our chests.

I wish that I could have enough money to go rent somewhere a lot nicer here in town,  but since I don't have the money, I really don't have the room to complain.  It's a sad story.

Due to not being able to buy the kinds of groceries I like to eat, I've lost a lot of weight.  I'm not saying that all the food I have to eat is what I just listed above. I have a lot of dry stocked foods.  My clothes fit me like MC Hammer pants.  Which, in a way is nice, but alarming at the same time. Am I going to have to keep my old clothes for when I get fat again or do I have to go out and buy new clothes for when I get skinny?  I haven't been skin and bones since 9th grade.  That was 8 years ago.  I certainly haven't kept any of my clothes since then.

Luckily with this new job of mine, I'll actually be receiving a paycheck soon and can remedy all of this.

I just had to rant and say how this entire experience is humbling.  My situation could be a lot worse, and thank God, it isn't.  Luckily, I know people here in town and I can go beg on their doorstep or have them fix my clothes. (jk!-lol)

12:22 PM -  0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment  - Edit  - Remove

No comments:

Post a Comment