Tuesday, October 11, 2005
Memories...
Current mood: Forgetful
Don't worry. I am not going to bore you with details of my childhood.
In fact, I think I suffer from memory loss.
I say this because it's true.
In recent years, I think that my capacity to remember things, events or people has gone down the tubes. I used to be really good at remembering everything, but something has happened to me.
Maybe it's all the car accidents that I've been in. I've been in like, 9. Three or four of them were my fault, but I didn't injure anyone. And as I said before, I can't remember them.
Nowadays, I honestly won't remember people. I must have a unique look or something because people remember who I am. I just don't remember them. Someone came up to me today and started talking to me and I had to rudely interrupt her and ask how we knew each other. I felt bad.
Other people will come up to me and say, "Hey, Ren!" and I look at them like I'm a lost puppy. It's awful. And then if I have an inkling as to who they are, I'll give them someone else's name.
I only remember people that have unique qualities themselves. I'm not trying to sound horrible here or a snob, but that's how my brain works now. I remember people and their names only due to qualities that I either find fascinating or otherwise incredibly annoying.
I have to give people nicknames--like, The Hindu or The Cuban. And then there are times when I don't want to use their real names, so I'll just give them a nickname. Or depending on their qualities as people, I'll give them one referencing something that they do.
There's a girl in two of my classes this semester that I like to call The Foghorn, because that's what she sounds like when she talks. It's horrible. Then there's another one who talks her head off. I like to call her The Yak.
Does this sound awful? I'm sure it does.
6:27 PM - 1 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove
No comments:
Post a Comment