Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wish Wash Wring!


Sunday, February 12, 2006

Wish Wash Wring!
Category: Life
It never fails.


Absurd things CONSTANTLY keep happening to me.


I guess I wouldn't really call today's events "absurd" but they were crazy enough.

Since I am the workaholic that I am, I went to work this morning after having only three and half hours of sleep from going to Cuba Libre last night and "merengiando" all night until 2 am. Work was long, but I at least got fed and got things accomplished there and the house is nice and clean.

I went home at 3 pm since all I really wanted to do was take a shower and relax a bit--you know, unwinding activities, like laundry.

Due to high energy costs, the shower has become a NICE source of heat for us girls. At least, it is for me. I never want to leave. But alas! some things have to end. After taking a shower and getting things to eat, I decided that I wanted clean clothes to wear. Otherwise, Saint Augustine would have a new streaker running around town. ;)

I put my clothes in the washer, turn the washer on and the water fills to its normal height.
And it goes through its cycle.

I'm making toast when all of a sudden, I hear a noise coming from the laundry room. Not a normal noise either. And I see smoke coming from the washer.

So the washer stopped. I open the washer to see what the problem is, plunging my hands in the icy cold water and fish around for some obstructions around the bottom. Nothing. I decide that it's old and has decided to quit on me.

I stand there and all I can think, 'WHY, GOD?! all I want is a normal day. And for things to work right, but they never do!"

I call Marisa and ask if I can use her washer and dryer, to which she kindly obliges. So in order to get my clothes over to her house, I have to take my clothes out of my washer.

Wet clothes to boot.

I spent almost an hour wringing water out of all my clothes that I retrieved from the broken washer. and tossed them into my mesh laundry basket. Where they formed a pool of water on the floor.

Also, since I didn't want rust to begin forming in the washer, I tried to empty most of the water that I could get out with a milk jug and an old glass jar, which took another thirty minutes.

And all the while thinking, this is absolutely absurd and ridiculous!

Why can't I have things that work and not break?

I called my landlord and hopefully, he can get the washer fixed soon.
I really don't want to have my car seats and floor boards soaking wet from laundry again.

No comments:

Post a Comment