Sunday, August 21, 2005
Bad days that are too funny
Current mood: chipper
Instead of waking my roomie up to move her car so that I could drive mine, I decided to ride my bike to go babysit today. I figured since the way gas keeps going up, I'm going to have to ride my bike from now on anyways. Besides, exercise is beneficial.
I hopped on my bike and I noticed that my tires were a little flat. So I looked around the deck for the air pump and all I saw was a dinky one. I begin to pump my tires, but instead, they deflated and then all this green crap sprays all over me!
Since i was running late anyhow, I hopped on my bike and pedaled as fast as my bike would take me. As I pedaled, all I could hear was a "mrrao" kind of sound. A mile later, my rear tire and innertube had fallen off and I have more green stuff on my shorts. By the time I get to the kids house, I am covered in sweat and am in no mood for playing or anything of that matter.
And because I didn't have my car with me, The Girl and I wandered all over creation today in the heat. Poor thing, she complained of fatigue, but I'm proud of her because she trooped along with me. She's only five, but she kept up the three or four miles that we walked. And she kept me going with her lively chatter about her baby kittens, catching lizards, and wanting to sing and whistle as we walked to my house to get my car so I could get my bike.
Once we got home, I told my roommate what had happened and she offered to help me get my bike. I then told my roomie that I hated the air pump and wanted to throw it at somebody or otherwise toss it in the bay. She then told me "Oh, I forgot to tell you that it really doesn't work" Our other roommate had bought it because it was really cheap and she hadn't wanted to spend a fortune on air pumps.
Target is a wonderful place for those kinds of things. As well as Sprockets where the most good looking, adorable guy helped me out by fixing my tire. But then he got kind of pissy when the green crap got on him. Turns out that stuff was called "Fix-A-Flat"
So, I got the bike for free from a friend. You don't look a gift horse in the mouth. How am I supposed to know what that stuff is?
Anyway, my mom made me feel better about my day when I told her about how my tire came off. She laughed so hard that I realized that I should just probably laugh my bad day off. I felt a whole lot better after that.
Another funny note-- a friend of mine invited me to a Wed. Night Bible study and when I asked her where it was held she said " in a house behind ABC" I then asked her if that was the ABC on King or on 312. it took me a second to realize that she wasn't referring to the liquor store. it was the church.
2:43 AM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove
No comments:
Post a Comment